Friday, May 27, 2011

WOUNDED KNEE

I have not heard this later LP from 1992, as I only know the band from the really fast Vol. 4 comp. They were from Sweden and played a mix of thrash, hardcore and some funkier bits thrown in. I'll have to dig out the liner notes and see what these Swedes were singing about.

I know the Germans are big supporters of the Native Americans and we too in our suburban England also studied their history and dressed up like Indians. Adam and the Ants were the most famous of this style. Check out the band Waxwork Dummies over on my http://www.rarepunk.blogspot.com/. Hopefully the link to download their cassette still works. Anyhow, you should know that the inglorious US Cavalry massacred 300 Sioux, (mainly women and children), at Wounded Knee in South Dakota in 1890. This was not the end of the great nation who rebelled again in in 1973 with an occupation of the site by A.I.M. members. This brought the continued oppression of the Lakota Nation to the attention of the world.







No comments:

Post a Comment